PanaFlow LC Advantages
• Wide selection of transducers suitable for many applications
• Hazardous area certification
• Improved accuracy & repeatability through enhanced signal processing
• HART and Foundation Fieldbus digital protocols
• Wider flow range for handle more diverse flow measurements
• Velocity, volumetric, mass, totalizer, and energy flow rate measurements
• Based on legacy Panametrics technology for reliable flow measurements.
Panametrics Clamp-On Flow Ultrasonic
With transit time flow measurement, two transducers serve as both ultrasonic signal generators and receivers. When mounted on a pipe, they are in acoustic communication with each other, meaning the second transducer can receive ultrasonic signals transmitted by the first transducer and vice versa.
In operation, each transducer functions as a transmitter, generating a certain number of acoustic pulses, and then as a receiver for an identical number of pulses. The transit time interval between the transmission and reception of the signal is measured in both directions. When the liquid in the pipe is not flowing, the transit time downstream equals the transit time upstream. When the liquid is flowing, the transittime downstream is less than the transit time upstream. The difference in transit times is proportional to the velocity of the flowing liquid, and its sign indicates the direction of flow.
With a clamp-on installation, the transducers are mounted to the outside of the pipe instead of being in direct contact with the flowing fluid. A clamp-on installation has many advantages over traditional installations including:
• No process shutdown to install transducers
• No cutting into the pipe to install the flowmeter • No additional flanges or welding required before installing the flowmeter
• Install at any time since the process does not need to be shutdown saving project management time.
• No maintenance with a solid couplant installation since the transducers are not exposed to the process fluid.
PanaFlow LC Specifications
Operation and Performance
Liquids: acoustically conductive fluids, including most clean liquids, and many liquids with small amounts of entrained solids or gas bubbles
Patented Correlation Transit-TimeTM model
0.75 in to 300 in (20 mm to 7.5 m) Pipe Wall Thickness Up to 4 in (100 mm); consult factory for other wall thicknesses
All metals and most plastics. Consult Panametrics for concrete, composite materials, and highly corroded or lined pipes.
±1% of reading: >=2 in/50 mm, >1 ft/s (0.3 m/s)
±2% of reading: <2 in/50 mm, >1 ft/s (0.3 m/s)
±0.5% in field calibration possible
Installation assumes a fully developed, symmetrical flow profile (typically 10 diameters upstream and 5 diameters downstream of straight pipe run). Final installation accuracy is a function of multiple factors including pipe centricity, installation accuracy, and others.
±0.2% of reading typical
0.1 to 65.6 ft/s (0.03 to 20 m/s)
3 Hz typical (Adjustable to 10 Hz)
Measurement Parameters Velocity, Volumetric, Mass, Energy,
Total Flow Channels
1, 2, or 3 channels
Optional PC Software
Vitality™ PC Software
Clamp-On Ultrasonic Flow Transducers
Frequency: 0.5, 1, or 2MHz
Materials: Stainless steel and plastic
Rating: IP66 with junction box Temperature (Process): -40° C to 150° C (-40o F to 302o F)
Hazardous Area: US/CAN: Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D ATEX: Ex md IIC T6 IECEx: Ex md IIC T6 Gb
Frequency: 0.5, 1, or 2 MHz
Materials: Stainless steel and plastic Rating: IP66 with junction box Temperature (Process): -20° C to 210° C (-4o F to 410o F) US/CAN -20° C to 184° C (-4o F to 363o F) ATEX Hazardous Area: US/CAN: Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D ATEX: Ex md IIC T6
Frequency: 0.5, or 1 MHz
Materials: Stainless steel and plastic Rating: IP66 with junction box Temperature (Process): -200° C to 400° C (-328o F to 752o F)
Materials: Stainless steel and plastic Rating: IP66 with junction box Hazardous Area (from C-RS Transducer) US/CAN: Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D ATEX: Ex md IIC T6 IECEx: Ex md IIC T6 Gb
Panametrics Panaflow LC Ultrasonic Liquid Flow Meter For Process Applications
Starting at $3560
PanaFlow LC Applications
• Suitable for hazardous area environments with either an explosion-proof or flameproof design for vital process environments.
• Designed for most refinery or chemical liquids including hydrocarbon liquids, crude oil, lubricating oils, refined hydrocarbons oils, solvents, chemicals, water, seawater, and more.
• Suitable for most pipe sizes and materials, both lined or unlined.
XMT1000 Flow Transmitter
Epoxy-coated aluminum or stainless steel NEMX 4X / IP66 & IP67 rating
• Weight: 10 lb. (4.5 kg)
• Size (D x H x W): 8.40 in. x 6.42 in. x 5.87 in. (213.4 mm x 163.1 mm x 149.1 mm)
• Mounting: 2 in. pipe or wall mount
Hazardous Area Rating
US/CAN: Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D; Class I, Zone 1, Ex d IIC T6;
Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D;
Class I, Zone 2, Ex nA IIC
ATEX/IECEx: Ex d IIC T6 FISCO outputs
Ta = -40° C to +60° C, Type 4X
• Operating: -40° F to 149° F (-40° C to +65° C)* • Storage: –67° F to 167° F (–55° C to 75° C)
*Maximum ambient temperature is 60° C (140° F) when foundation fieldbus option selected.
15W maximum, Typically <7W Inrush current: 25 A maximum @ 100 µs 15 A maximum @ 1 ms
Next Generation XMT1000 Transmitter
128 x 64 mono-color LCD display, configurable for single or dual measurement parameters.
Built-in magnetic, six-button, lockable keypad
• One 4 to 20 mA isolated output, 600 Ohm maximum load
• One additional output may be configured as either a pulse or frequency output.
• Standard: RS485/Modbus
• Optional: HART® 7.0 protocol, with 4 dynamic variables, includes one additional 4 to 20 mA analog output
• Optional: Foundation Fieldbus® FISCO, LAS capable with 5 AI blocks and a PID block.
Universal 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz ±10% or 12 to 28 VDC
The XMT1000 is a new, cost-effective ultrasonic flow transmitter that builds on Panametrics flow expertise and on years of reliable performance from its XMT868i predecessor. It offers state-of-the-art flow measurement capability in a rugged remote mounted transmitter certified for use in hazardous areas. It brings a new level of performance with improved accuracy, configurable inputs and outputs, and multiple ultrasonic transducer path options.
Key improvements to the XMT1000 include:
• Faster signal processing
• Latest HART & Foundation Fieldbus protocol • Vitality PC Software
• 1, 2, or 3 path measurements
• Improved rangeability
• New and improved diagnostics
Automatically Adjusting to Changing Fluid Properties
Standard in all PanaFlow XMT1000 transmitters, our unique Automatic Tracking Window™ (ATW™) feature ensures accurate flow measurements even when fluid properties are unknown or changing. ATW dynamically sweeps the receiver window whenever the sound speed of the fluid changes. This powerful feature lets you measure flow when the fluid sound speed is unknown, or is changing.
FLOW GAS AND MOISTURE SOLUTIONS © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED